Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I am so thankful to all of you for reading this blog faithfully. It has been a great year!
I’m going to make it sweet and simple today by sharing my favorite Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole. It is super rich, but so yummy. Whether you are scrambling for a last minute dish to take to the in-laws or you simply want a party dish for the weekend ahead, this Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole promises to be a hit!
Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
6 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced (you can use more or less depending on your preference)
10 medium-large golden Yukon potatoes
¾ cup of buttermilk
½ cup of sour cream
½ cup of cottage cheese
½ cup (1 stick) of butter
Salt to taste
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (topping)
1. Wash potatoes and cut in half. Steam 1 hour.
2. Allow potatoes to cool 10 to 15 minutes after steaming. Peel off skins with fingers and place potatoes in a large bowl.
3. Add butter and garlic and mash with a hand masher.
4. Gradually add all remaining ingredients, except the cheddar cheese, and whip with an electric mixer until desired consistency is reached. If you like your potatoes lumpy, you won’t need to mix as long. You can also play around with the dairy ingredients depending on how creamy you want your potatoes.
5. Scoop potatoes from the bowl and spread in a greased 9×13 glass pan. Top with shredded cheese.
6. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. (I prepared these yesterday so all I have to do is pull them out and put them in the oven today!)
7. Uncover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? I love hearing from you! Until then, happy reading (and eating)!
Yours in Messiah Yeshua,
Copyright © 2013 SaraElla.com