My daughter’s favorite Dr. Seuss book has to be The Lorax . When she was just three years old she requested that I read it to her over and over again. It’s one of Dr. Seuss’ longer tales and by the end, my voice was always hoarse (of course, I had to do the raspy old voice of the “Onceler”, which probably caused this). Even as I write this she is watching The Lorax on Netflix.
To celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday, or what my daughter calls “The Lorax’s Birthday”, we decided to make Truffula Treats. They are easy, fun, and a great story time treat. (Also, see my recipe for Healthier Green Eggs for a fun addition to Green Eggs and Ham).
You will need…
A batch of sugar cookie dough (from scratch, pre-made, or from a mix)
Popsicle sticks (one per cookie)
1 can of vanilla frosting
2. Scoop your dough by rounded teaspoonful’s and roll them into one-inch balls. Place a Popsicle stick into each ball and place 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for the length of time your recipe says. I baked mine for 10 minutes.
4. Allow to cool for at least ten minutes.
5. Divide your frosting into several small bowls, depending on how many colors you want to use. Add desired food coloring to each bowl and mix until no white is left.
6. Spoon each color into a separate sandwich bag and snip a small hole in the bottom of one corner.
How do you make reading fun for your kids? I’d love to hear you creative thoughts and ideas. Until then, Happy Reading!
Yours in Christ,
See more great Dr. Seuss ideas over at There’s Just One Mommy!
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full policy.
Copyright © 2013 SaraElla.com
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…